- This event has passed.
Introduction to Tarot
February 17 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm$35
Saturday, February 17, 5:00-7:00pm
The Tarot is a powerful, ancient tool of divination and one of the Hermetic arts. This class is designed to help you unlock the methodology of the cards, so you can learn the system and begin working with them more quickly. We will explore the history, art and spiritual basis of the cards, and then dive into their basic structure and meanings. By the end of this class you will:
- Learn how your deck is organized and why (major and minor arcana, the four suits, the court cards).
- Understand how the elements are expressed through the cards and how they can help you interpret them.
- Learn how the numbers on the cards connect deeply to their meaning.
- Receive useful spreads, and determine which to use.
- Establish a reading practice (shuffling, laying out the cards, asking questions, delivering interpretations).
- Troubleshoot your readings.
- Receive study materials to take home.
Once you learn the methodology of the Tarot, it becomes much easier to understand and commit the meaning of the cards to memory. This class will set you up for greater success as you grow as a reader.
You will need to bring a traditional Tarot deck modeled on either the Smith Waite or the Thoth Tarot decks. Registrants to this class receive a 15% discount on any decks purchased for this class.
About the instructor: As a student of the hermetic arts for over 25 years, Ami has a deep background in the Western Esoteric Tradition. Her study and practice includes, yoga and the Tantric tradition, Kabbalah, alchemy, Tarot and ceremonial magick. She is well-versed in many traditions, however, and holds the belief that ones spiritual practice can be an important part of their overall wellness. The Tarot is her favorite tool of divination.