- This event has passed.
Intro to Tarot with Ami
June 29 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$35
Join us on Thursday, June 29th, 7-9pm for this introduction to the Tarot. You can reserve your spot here!
The Tarot is a powerful, ancient tool of divination and one of the Hermetic arts. This class is designed to help you unlock the methodology of the cards, so you can learn the system and begin working with them more quickly. We will explore the history, art and spiritual basis of the cards, and then dive into their basic structure and meanings. By the end of this class you will:
- Learn how your deck is organized and why (major and minor arcana, the four suits, the court cards).
- Understand how the elements are expressed through the cards and how they are reflected in their interpretations.
- Learn how the numbers on the cards connect deeply to their meaning.
- Receive useful spreads, and determine which to use.
- Establish a reading practice (shuffling, laying out the cards, asking questions, delivering interpretations).
- Troubleshoot your readings.
- Receive study materials to take home.
Once you learn the methodology of the Tarot, it becomes much easier to understand and commit the meaning of the cards to memory. This class will set you up for greater success as you grow into a confident reader. It will also lay the foundation to unlock even greater wisdom as we restart our bi-weekly Tarot Study Group again in August!
You will need to bring a traditional Tarot deck modeled on either the Smith Waite or the Thoth Tarot decks. Registrants to this class receive a 15% discount on any decks purchased for this class. If you are not sure about whether your deck will work, please contact the shop and we can assist you.